Legal Guide

What is the “Cédula de habitabilidad”

The “cédula de habitabilidad” which we refer to as the habitation certificate is one of the key documents you must have when you come to sell or rent your property. But what it is and how you can get it?

What is the certificate of habitability?

This is a certificate issued by the town hall that means that the property complies with the town hall’s habitation requirements and it lasts for 10 years. After this date has expired it will be necessary for the current owner/s of the property to renew the certificate and especially if you considering selling or renting the property.

What are the requirements?

The certificate regulates the useful surface, and size of the area of the house as well as the minimum equipment featured in the property: toilet, kitchen, hot water, etc. The requirements are not very demanding so the most common is that the houses meet the minimum standard.

What types of habitability certificates exist?

To Top